Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

As Long As I Smell Good...




You Are Basil



You are quite popular and loved by post people.

You have a mild temperament, but your style is definitely distinctive.

You are sweet, attractive, and you often smell good.



I don't know why I love to take these little quizzes. Maybe it's because I'm always hoping that I'll discover something really cool about myself. As if liking Mexican food rather than Italian makes you somehow more interesting. I think liking Thai over Italian can make you skinnier, but not necessarily more interesting. I just happen to love everything creamy and starchy, and so I'm a fluffy little thing. I'm trying to overcome this obsession with bad food. I'm seeing a doctor who helps me a great deal with my arthritis symptoms. She wants me to eat no more than 80 carbs a day (a goal I've never yet achieved) and to cut out all dairy (including cheese...) and anything with cane sugar. That would squash all joy in life. I do try to limit my sins to just my very favorite ones, however. Those would include anything with lemon (lemon bars, lemon cake, you get the idea) and white cake. I don't know why I love white cake more than chocolate, but I do. I watch that show "The Ace of Cakes" on the Food channel, and it makes me crazy to both make beautiful cakes, and to eat them. Anyway, back to the quiz: basically all I found out about myself is that I'm a nice person, easy to be around, and I often smell good. I'm like a good pasta dish (mmmm...apparently one of my favorites). I'd have preferred to be a spicy pepper (hot cha cha) or like my daughter, who is ginger (ever changing and powerful). But maybe being basil is good - it's in comfort food. And it's better than being garlic.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, so i just took it and guess what I was? Ginger. haha. How funny is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were some questions that I didn't read all the questions all the way, so I retook it, and I was oregano the second time! I think they both describe me pretty well...Basil is a great one, you're lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it! I was hoping you were going to have a new post for me to read! Did you get the email from southwest airlines? I booked my flight for June 20-30th! I don't know how rental cars work so I'm not sure if I need to get someone to pick me up from the airport or if I get my car there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you make me miss you so. I love white cake and lemon everything, too. I'm always disappointed when folks bring chocolate cake to celebrate birthdays at work. I turn my disappointment into a positive by telling myself I don't need the calories. I’ve never taken an on-line quiz. Maybe it’s fixed because I'm basil, too.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed