Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Monday, May 5, 2008

I Love Breakfast



I don't know about the rest of you, but I love breakfast. It's absolutely my favorite meal of the day. Unfortunately, I don't often get a breakfast of champions, but when I do, I try to savor it. Today, when I got to work, my coworker Olga asked if I wanted to share a chorizo, egg, and cheese breakfast burrito from the Mustard Cafe across the street. Well, I have to tell you that it just made my morning, and, in fact, my whole day. I enjoyed it that much. The Mustard Cafe offers the most wonderful breakfasts: french toast, omelettes, breakfast sandwiches, and the most delectable treat of goat cheese & dried figs on ciabatta bread, drizzled over with honey. I'm convinced that this is the food of the gods. It's the very same manna that the Israelites gathered in the wilderness. I would eat it every day if I could, but then I'd probably start complaining a la the Israelites about the lack of variety. It's probably best for my psyche, my pocketbook, and, most of all, my waistline (what's left of it) that I only have an amazing breakfast once in awhile. The rest of the time, I'm best off with a handful of almonds, and some soy milk...yum...




2 comments:

  1. Yummm! I wish we had good places to eat around here that didn't cost a fortune! I'm starting to love breakfast much more than I used to. I made breakfast for dinner the other night and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have always loved breakfast. I just hate that my appetite isn't as big in the morning

    PS I left you a comment on your previous post.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed