Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, May 3, 2008

You CAN have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

And therein lies the problem... I've always wanted everything all at once. Patience is like a foreign language to me, but one that I'm trying very hard to learn. You'd think I'd be a quicker study, after all of this living I've lived, but no - it continues to be a challenge. In fact, it astonishes me sometimes to look in the mirror and realize that I'm now a middle-aged woman (NOOOOOoooooo...) rather than someone in her twenties, or even thirties. Does this happen to anyone else? I can happily join in a conversation with twenty-somethings, until I start getting this sideways glance from them that tells me I've betrayed my age again. Not that I mind being my age - in fact I like it. I'm so much smarter and, I think, wiser than I was thirty years ago. I have more confidence, and I'm not as afraid to make an idiot of myself. Not as afraid to admit I don't know something. There is a peace and tranquility that come with age, and it's a good thing. What's not so good is the arthritis or whatever that also comes with it. That part is kind of a drag, but I'm learning to live with it, and be not so whiny about it. At least I like to think so.

So lets catch up, and lets stay in touch. With many of you, far too much time has gone by between our last visit and now, and I don't want to waste another minute. Life is pretty good for me right now, but I miss old times too - the late night chats sharing and giving advice, beauty tips (huge rollers to straighten curly hair, oatmeal face masks) the crying, and the comfort, and most of all, the laughing. Oh, how I miss the laughing! I hope we can use this to vent and to kvetch, and to share the absurdities of life we all experience. You are all so important to me, and I don't want to waste another minute!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you have a blog now! This will be so much fun. We can leave each other comments all day, LOL! Just watch, you'll be addicted to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this background, and I like your new title! Is that a picture of one of my center pieces by your profile? Very pretty! I don't see a picture of LaMar in your sidebar...is there one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, nevermind, LaMar's picture just popped up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I told you you could do it. Im very impressed at how natural you are at it. I must say that you need a new picture of me. People won't know if I'm the largely retarded guy on the right or the beautiful princess on the left. You should invite Donnie and Jeff Stone. THey would love to read Im sure.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed