Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mama Mia - Here I Go Again to Colorado

I'm excited today because we're going to go see Mama Mia! I've been looking forward to seeing it for a month now, singing Abba songs in my head, and mentally dancing in the aisles. Scott thinks I'm crazy - he thinks I should go see The Dark Knight, but I don't want dark and scarey comic book characters; I want fun, singing and dancing, and Greek wedding sunshine! I'll let you know how it all turns out.
In other news, I'm looking forward to going to see Rex, Ronna, Lexi, and newcomer Matthew! The plan is to go in September: Ronna will be here visiting her family, and I'll fly back to Colorado with her and the kids. I like that, because it's nice to not have to go alone. It may NOT be nice to have crying babies, but I have a feeling that Matthew will be a champ, and I know that Lexi will chatter the entire ride. It'll be fun! I haven't seen them since...hmmmm... April, I think, and I can see that Lexi is starting to grow her golden locks. I'm excited to see the change and growth AND to get to know her little brother. I've attached a few of the latest pictures of Lexi playing with her bubble machine, and some of Matthew, well... doing what he does best, right now: sleeping.

Now THAT's relaxation!
It'll be a September trip, and hopefully, the weather will be a little thunderstormy there. It always brings back childhood memories of summer storms, and playing in the garage with the door open so we could watch the rain come down. The smell of the rain washing the dusty hot ground is one of my favorites, and if there's accompanying thunder and lightning: bonus. Yep, summer rainstorms are the best. Maybe I'll even be able to take a walk in the rain with Lexi.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go too! Let me know how that movie is!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed