Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mama Mia - You'll Be Diggin' the Dancing Queen

I loved Mama Mia! Can you tell? I've been singing the songs all afternoon! I don't know whether I thought I would like it as much as I did, but it was great fun! The first show we went to was sold out, so we "had" to hang out at Golden Spoon, eating frozen yogurt (LaMar: Chocolate and Vanilla swirled. Me: Island Coconut and Lemon swirled) until it was time to line up. LaMar was getting a little worried, as at first he was the only guy in line. But he was a stalwart, true companion, and soon we counted 18 other stalwart, true companions braving a room full of girls and women. But they were rewarded with so much fun: Meryl Streep is brilliant, and the whole cast was wonderful. Funny, touching, warm - all of it. You'll love it. But you'll love it more if you don't go see it with someone who would rather be at "The Dark Knight" or "HellboyII" grooving to violent comic book characters. I promise that will ruin it for you. Go with the girls, and you'll all be singing and dancing in the aisles. But if you're lucky enough to have a husband or loved one as cool and open-minded as LaMar, grab him and go. It'll be an afternoon well spent, and you'll come home in the best mood!

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to see it with Amy or Emily when I get back! It looks like a good movie...just not with Zach! Last night we saw "The Dark Knight" and it was really good (usually I don't like those kinds of movies, but I was pleasantly surprised...the Joker was AMAZING!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach is going to watch Mia so Amy and I can go to this movie next week! I'm excited to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could go to the movies!
    I'd even go by myself if Rex would watch the kids for a few hours, He freaks out if I leave for more than an hour!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed