Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's fall, and it's 80+ degrees outside. I realize this is normal for California, but I want to wear sweaters, and stop using the self tanning lotion on my legs. To top it all off, I have a cold. I hate having to work when my face feels THIS BIG, and I'm snuffling, and coughing - but you're not quite sick enough to stay home, especially since you just got back from a week's vacation. Ugh. The good news is that I think I've turned the corner, and it will get better from here. I've even heard that the weather is going to start cooling off a bit.
All I know is that I love fall, and I can't wait for the first day of October so we can hang our spooky pirate, and install our haunted arch over the walkway. Getting ready for Halloween signals the start of the whole holiday season. The nights are crisp, soup tastes good again for dinner, and it's nice to be snuggly under the warm covers at bedtime. I put our amber glass pumpkins on the table and get out all of the little Halloween decorations I'm starting to collect.(Again. This time for grandchildren!) On Halloween night I look forward to the 10 or so little trick 0r treaters we'll have (our neighborhood doesn't have many children), and I especially look forward to seeing Stuart every year. He started coming about 4 years ago when he was a red headed 3 year old (a dinosaur if I remember correctly), and I look forward to seeing him - and now his little brother - every year. I have no idea where he lives. He's just Stuart, and he comes with his dad.

So get ready for autumn weather - the temperatures will cool down, and we can break out the sweaters and jackets. First I'm going to get rid of this cold - maybe a nice cup of hot chocolate will do the trick? Mmmmm... with a peppermint stick.

4 comments:

  1. Hot chocolate sounds so good, and you're making me miss fall weather! Its actually been a bit cooler here which has been nice, but definitely not cool enough to wear a sweater and tall boots! Wish I could take Mia trick or treating at your house...she's going to be a BYU cheerleader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, this brings back fond memories of your new beautiful wool back-to-school outfits each fall. Everything matched and you always looked so 'together'. I was envious. ('Matching' was alway a huge issue for me.) For now, please enjoy your sunshine - I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion - were you also envious when I was sweating to death in 90 degree weather in those wool outfits? I was never been able to let a new outfit wait until it was weather appropriate. So silly!
    Katie - You'd better take lots of pictures of my little cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed