Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blackbird Singin' In The Dead Of Night

This weekend we got the house ready for Halloween. We set up the spooky arch, put the orange lights on a timer, installed the skull fence, and hung up the ghostly pirate. At dusk, the orange lights on the arch lit up, and the Halloween Holiday season officially began at 142 Preakness. I'm hoping to add something new this season, but I haven't yet found that hoped for object. I like the Halloween section of Target, so perhaps I'll head there. I saw (on Martha Stewart) a centerpiece that was constructed of a small skull and bones arranged on a cake plate under a dome. Where do you find things like a small skull and bones? I shall be on the hunt.

In other news, I've planted the blackbird again. This is a small black spooky bird that I've had for years. Scott and I give it back and forth to each other, hiding it here and there. I think its lost an eye, and it's tail feathers are a bit shaky, but the game lives on. The last time he gave it to me, (in a dark hotel parking lot in Utah, just before he drove off) he told me to close my eyes and hold out my hand. I felt something small and soft put in my hand, and when I opened my eyes there was this little black...WHAT IS THAT??!! Scared the @#*! out of me, but it was just that freaking bird. Where did I hide it this time?? Mwahahahahahah! I'm waiting for Scott to scream like a girl. He already said the skeleton pirate will scare him every night when he comes home. This little bird just jumps out and gets you when you least expect it, and definately WHERE you least expect it. Hehehehehee (demonic laugh) I love Halloween...

2 comments:

  1. I would try Michaels for the centerpiece stuff, they usually have everything. That black bird is so funny! You and Scott are goofy, LOL...Miss you guys-WIsh we could trick or treat at your house! It looks great. I love Halloween too. I'm thinking about decorating our house, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i saw it this morning. Its too bad that I saw it before i felt it. Had I not looked and just stuck my hand in the coin cup i would have freaked out. Funny thing was that I was just thinking about the bird a few days ago. I was like, does she still have it? haha.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed