Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, October 25, 2008

How to Fill A Saturday & Costume Stress

LaMar is in Utah this weekend visiting Andrew, so I'm on my own. Well, sort of. Scott is here (well, sort of...) and I was looking forward to hanging out with him. So far, we celebrated his recent step into the world of employment over pancakes this morning at The Original Pancake House. He had the traditional blueberry pancakes, and I branched out with Hawaiian Pancakes with Tropical Syrup. They were stuffed with pineapple, and the syrup was pineapple too. Delicious! But way too many pancakes. Scott is back in bed trying to sleep off the full tummy and late night before. I am wandering around the house trying to figure out what to do with myself. I don't know what's wrong with me: I used to be able to entertain myself quite well, but lately I just fumble around trying to avoid going to the mall. Pathetic. Not that I don't want to go to the mall - it's more I'm trying to discipline myself to not spend money just because I'm bored. Maybe I'll content myself with going to Barnes & Noble. There's a couple of books that I want to read: - The Secret Life of Bees (the movie was soooo good!) and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (also a movie coming out soon). That way I could satisfy my urge to buy something AND have something to do for quite some time! Genius.

I was going to make some Halloween cupcakes (a Halloween Funfetti cake that LaMar brought home) but I can't think about it now: I'm too full of pancakes. Maybe tomorrow. But here are some fun ways we've decorated our house for Halloween. Take special note of the Halloween napkins. They have the most clever damask Halloween design woven into them. I love that they incorporated a skull, bats, and spider and web and scarey cats into the whole design. Cool. And we found them at Target, of all places. The two little jack'o lanterns are our newest additions. I plug the big one in every night, and the little one runs on batteries. Sometimes I even have to go outside on the porch to look at them from the outside. They make me smile. The little 3 year old down the street asked me what I was going to be for Halloween (she is going to be a pirate). I wasn't going to be anything, but now I have to be something, because she put the pressure on me to perform. I'm kind of stressed out about it. Anyone have any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Awww that first picture made me miss my little scarecrow! I had cute decorations I had to leave :(
    I'm also jealous of Scott's Pottery Barn bedding. I would have LOVED that for our room here. It would have gone PERFECTLY! About your costume-Just paint your face and where black. I'm always a cat when I don't know what to be.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed