Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Temptation by Cookie

I've tried, and I've tried. I just can't stop thinking about eating cookies. I think I could walk past candy (unless it's See's), I can talk myself out of ice cream and even my beloved gelato, cupcakes are easy, pie a non-temptation. But a beautiful sugar cookie dusted with powdered sugar? (A double sugar dose) Never. Especially if it is a sugar cookie sandwich with raspberry jam in the middle - a triple treat threat. I have a strong testimony of temptation by sugar cookie. It's really shameful. I'm sitting here at work wishing I were across the street at French's Bakery. What kind of worker bee just daydreams about sugar cookies? )Or, for that matter, blogs at work?)
I'm drinking lots of water, but it just makes me take lots of bathroom breaks. It doesn't make me less desirous of my daily cookie. I sit here and think that now I'll never lose that 30 pounds by January. LaMar simply stopped eating ice cream after dinner, and he lost about 20 pounds. I stop eating ice cream, and I just don't GAIN any weight - unless I also eat dinner and don't exercise. Maybe I need to stop eating cookies too, but I don't know if that's possible. It would be devastating to cut out my favorite indulgence, only to find out I'm STILL chubby. That would be a cruel twist indeed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you're a chocolate pudding fan, but I was tempted by my Toll House cookie dough in the fridge and knew I needed to STOP! So--I bought fat free sugar free chocolate pudding. It's only 60 calories and is a really yummy treat. That's the treat I allow myself each day and so far it's working :) You can also buy the jello cups and put a little fat free cool whip on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite as good as a "real" treat such as your sugar cookies, but it'll help you stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on... fat free, sugar free??? :-(

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed