Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Can I Have Four More Days Off??

I'm sad to see this long Thanksgiving weekend come to an end. We really had a good time at our house. Not only did we have a magnificent feast on Thanksgiving (if I do say so myself - I mean, just LOOK at that turkey!), but it was also LaMarvelous's birthday, so it was a plethora of celebrations. My grandma and Aunt Margie (The Girls) came to our house for Thanksgiving dinner. I always feel very lucky when we get to have them, because they make everything so fun. They arrived just as we were putting the finishing touches on dinner - and not a moment too soon, because Grandma was STARVING. I'm telling you, she's a little thing, but she can eat like a farmhand. I really enjoyed seeing that. Between the five of us (L and me, Scott, and the girls), we kept up a lively conversation through dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We finished dinner, and Grandma toddled into the living room, where I bundled her up in the recliner for a little nap. She slept for about 30 minutes, and when she woke up she was ready for pie. And not just one piece of pie. She wanted a piece of both pumpkin AND apple! Mercy...

On Friday, L and I went to a movie: Australia. GO SEE IT. We loved it. We also (while waiting for the movie to start) whizzed through a Target (Black Friday crowds and all!) and took a short trip through Pier One. Bought a DVD player for the TV downstairs at $10 off. Pier One was disappointing this time around.

Saturday we actually did go shopping (after L hung the Christmas lights up on the house), and I actually finished my shopping for LaMar - I'm so excited about his gift! He knows one part of it, (I mean, I needed him to try it on) but part of it will be a complete surprise. I love surprising him... Mostly, though, I'm just stoked to cross one person off my list as *Done*. So much still to do... That evening, L's parents took us out to dinner at Maggiano's for his birthday. Yum, yum, yum!

And finally Sunday. Sat through the 1st hour of church. Realized it was the fifth Sunday, which means combined RS/Priesthood meetings. Those are always a bit funky in my book. We looked at each other and booked out of there to the doughnut shop. Sat under the trees at a little park eating a doughnut and me drinking chocolate milk, L drinking (what else?) a Diet Coke. Sat there for 2 hours, just talking and solving everyone's problems - we are geniuses. It was quiet and heavenly. Headed home, cleaned the house, did the wash, grabbed Scott and went out for pizza (seeing as how we'd already done wrong by buying doughnuts and drinks). No one really felt like cooking anyway, and so we kept up the weekend food fest tradition.

To atone, l and I took ourselves over to East Lake, and hiked around the lake homes to burn some calories. There were lots of Christmas lights up, and we got some good ideas for our own house. Maybe we'll implement them next weekend. The lights were beautiful, and reflected off the water. So peaceful.

Tomorrow starts the diet. Again.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a beautiful turkey! Love all the pictures :)Glad you had such a nice long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thanksgiving! And I love that Grandma can eat like a farmhand. That's somehow very reassuring.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed