Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Holidays with No Sugar (well...LESS sugar)

This has been a longest week ever! So busy at work - I actually drove home last night feeling tight and tense all across my shoulders and chest. Funny thing, though, the sensation pretty much disappeared as soon as I got home... But as soon as this weekend is over I'll be so happy! I've got a church lady function tonight that I've got to help with, Saturday night is a huge dinner with 200 or so of our physicians and wives for work, and Sunday I have a lesson to prepare for RS. No pressure there. Somewhere in between I've got to find time to shop for something to wear to the work dinner soiree. Otherwise, I'll be wearing shorts and flip flops.
Mostly, I just want to find some time to be with LaMar. I don't know how I'm going to accomplish that, but I'm sure gonna try. I mean, that's what life's all about, isn't it?
Today is my third day of severely limiting my carb intake. (That is NOT what life's all about...I am feeling a little cranky about it.) But so far, so good. Every time I've been tempted to partake of bread or a yummy, sweet something, someone has been there to shame me out of it. Good. Exactly what I need. So far I've lost 2 pounds - of course, by telling you that, I've just jinxed the whole thing. But the sugar cravings are lessening - I'm not thinking about cookies every 5 minutes. I'm hoping for poundage to disappear. The really good news, though, is that with the lower carb thing, I've actually been feeling less achey, so yay! Pasty Doctor (my naturopath, so named because she is the palest thing going) will be so proud of me! She'll give me another gold star on my next visit. (She really does do that: literally puts a gold star on your chart.) Maybe it'll cause a medical breakthrough. It's ironic, however, that I pick the holidays to start my healthy ways, but when have I ever done anything in it's proper order?

2 comments:

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed