Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Yorba Linda Is On Fire!

Check it out on the news. It seems like all of California is on fire - or at least the southern part. There's still the Santa Barbara fire, the one in Sylmar that started last night, and this morning one started on the very eastern most part of Yorba Linda/Corona area. It is really going, and the sky is black with smoke. Right now it's 9 miles away from where we are, but it's close enough to be dramatic in effect. The air outside is very smokey so we're staying indoors as much as possible. Poor, poor people who live out there... some beautiful hopes and dreams going up in flames.
I imagine there will be some opportunities for service coming up shortly. At least I hope so. When you're one of the lucky ones, it makes you feel better to be able to ease the pain of someone who was not so lucky. It's heartbreaking to watch someone's life burning up - and so quickly, too.

Other areas of the country have their own particular brand of disasters. High winds and fires just before the holidays seem to be ours. Oh - and that huge earthquake that's just biding it's time out there. Say a prayer for California.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this! I just talked to Brianna Foulds' brother David, and their parents got evacuated. Shannon called me hysterical, her mom and husband are out of town and their neighborhood was evacuated. She said the Burnham's house got burned down. I think the Flakes have either been evacuated or have lost their house. I'm keeping you all in my prayers tonight. So sad...I hope you guys won't have to evacuate! It's like my nightmare...isn't my wedding album at your house?

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed