Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

As 2008 comes to a close, I want to wish you all the very best of everything this world has to offer in 2009. I've been so blessed in my life to have such wonderful children, who have all given me so much happiness and love - not to mention the 3 gorgeous (and genius) grandchildren I've gotten out of the deal. I have an amazing husband, who understands me completely, and who just lets me go - never trying to rein me in. He is wise enough to know that it makes me want to be with him forever all the more, and to try very hard to be my best self. We have a good life, complete with so many luxuries we sometimes take for granted.
In 2009 I'd like to be able to give more of myself, and think less about "duty" and "work." Enjoy family and friends (and especially time with my beloved grandmother), and all the blessings attached. Make sure I bestow blessings myself along the way, think more about my husband's comfort, and ensure that I miss as little as possible in my grandchildren's young lives.

How about you? What are you hoping & wishing for, dreaming of, in 2009? What are your goals, and what are your plans to achieve them? I'd love to hear. I'm always hoping for some new inspiration, some novel idea or approach to one of my sticky problems. Some things never change, but I'm hoping to change some things for the better in the coming year. Come out a little shinier, glowier, and hopeful on the other end. May you all do the same. Be happy, love each other, love yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I didn't get your message till this morning. Well, I'd like to give you another beautiful grandchild, so we'll be working on that this year ;-) In the mean time, I'm going to work really hard to get myself into good fitness and nutritional habits so I don't look the way I did when I was pregnant with Mia. I want to put more effort into the way I look this year, so I can be pretty for Zach everyday, not just when we go somewhere. Thanks to my new flat iron, I've been having my hair down and OH so straight! Thanks again for getting that for me. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I just noticed you changed Mia's picture! You didn't have to change it...if it's not your favorite, it's not your favorite;-)
    It's your blog, use what pictures make you happy!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed