Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Monday, January 12, 2009

The game of Bunko & other ramblings

So game night was one big evening of bunko. I've never played that game, and I liked it because there is no skill at all involved. Just a bunch of crazy Mormons throwing dice - freaking hilarious. You don't have to keep track of cards, you don't have to have a strategy, you just roll dice. And if you don't roll a 6, or a 3, or whatever the number is, no worries. It's all good - you can't help it the dice don't cooperate. Anyway, we had a good time, and I'd do it again. I think we behaved ourselves, so I'm assuming there will be a next time.And there were treats! Veggies and dip, some crackers and cheese, and some little mini M&Ms in a bowl. L and I both had some of the M&Ms that everyone's grubby hands had touched, and now L is sick with a cold. Coincidence? I think not. That'll teach us to eat treats like greedy children. Anyway, I'm keeping my distance because I do NOT want to get a cold. We leave for Puerto Rico - sun, gorgeous beaches with aqua blue water, little coqui frogs AND my grandaughter Mia - in a week and a half.I must be well and healthy. I must, I must, I must. Other than that, my biggest concern is trying to find another bathing suit. I hate shopping for them. They never look good anyway, (and I am comparing myself to a Victoria's Secret model - an impossible standard at my age) so I cast fate to the winds, and usually mail order them. I have a nice one that I got last summer, but it's one of those that holds your tummy in and it's kind of uncomfortable. You look good, but it's like trying to relax in Spanx. So I'm trying to find another suit that will be comfortable while I play with Mia - and at the same time will not make me look blubby. Is that asking too much? If anyone has any good ideas I'm listening. Except not Modbe - I've already looked there, and they're a little too conservative even for me. I mean I'd like to have some skin showing to tan. Just a nice little one piecer or tankini - that's all I'm asking for. And plenty of sunscreen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to Costco today during Mia's nap to get your suit! Can't wait of for you to come. We're going to have so much fun! And you'll finally be able to see our cute little house :)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed