Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Goin' to Game Night

I no sooner join a book club, than I start receiving Friday night invitations. I'm not saying the two are related. I don't know what I'm saying - it's just an odd coincidence. I want to put myself out there more. I really do. But when L and I got the invitation for tonight's "Game Night" we both looked at each other in despair. We hate games. Especially if it involves Pictionary or Trivial Pursuit, or anything where you're out there in front of everyone. But we do want to be more social, and it seems as if our efforts are making us some friends, and scoring us some invitations. (Actually, it's probably more due to L than to me: he was just called to be a counselor in Elder's Quorum - instant pulse on the populace.) (I am still calling-less, but I feel Primary Pianist or Girls Camp Leader - *shudder* - lurking in the wings. Don't think I can really attribute this new found "popularity" to the so-far-unattended book club.) *Whatever* I digress...

We decided, with not a little foreboding, to attend the old game night. We like the host couple quite a bit, and so we'll take a chance. Maybe it will be fun. Maybe I won't sulk if I'm not winning. Maybe there will be *treats.*

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Mom! Way to follow through with one of your New Year's Resolutions. You're right, you may find it's fun. Zach and I rarely get invites anywhere because most people know he's probably in the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that game night ended up being a hit :)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed