Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Monday, January 19, 2009

Island Lullaby

I've been having a hard time sleeping. I seem to get enough sleep, but I wake up every two hours, so it doesn't seem like good sleep. I think I'm tense about getting ready for our vacation to Puerto Rico next week - both work stuff and personnally getting ready to go. I've tried long walks in the evening to tire me out, I've tried not eating snacks before bed (hasn't really worked helping me lose weight either...), I've tried falling asleep to the TV (my preferred method) all to no avail.
Part of it, I think, is craving fresh air, while L hates having the window open. (Dust, train sounds, cars driving by, etc.) I wake up all hot, needing some cool air. But even when I secretly open the window (after L is safely snoring) I still have trouble staying asleep. What gives???

The past week has been hot and windy - the air is dry and nasty, and I've had allergies that make me stuffy, so that definately contributes too. I can't wait to get to PR, breathe that thick, humid air, tire myself out playing with Mia at the beach, and then fall asleep (hopefully) to the sound of ocean waves. I need this vacation even more than I thought I did, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you're not staying at our house like Dad did, LOL! You really wouldn't get any sleep then, hehee. You'd be waking up to regatone music bumpin from all the car speakers, coquis chirping, roosters crowing, and dogs barking. Yes, you may here the ocean from your hotel, that would be nice! Take some Tylenol PM before bed. It usually works for me!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed