Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Me In A Book Club

One of my resolutions for the new year is to get out more. I get really stingy and miserly with my time - especially after work. Thus, I rarely make time for friends, and thus, I hardly have any. So, can you believe it? - I joined a book club. A bunch of church ladies have a little group, and so I thought, well, I like to read, so why not? Why not is because I have this sinking feeling that it will be one of the nerdiest experiences of my life. But I have hope that it will prove to be rewarding instead. I'll let you know which one it is. All I know for sure is that there are always "treats" served. (of course... there are no church lady gatherings without *treats*)
And wouldn't you know it? The second I join (and suggest a book) they ask me to lead the discussion on said book (in this case, it's "Three Cups of Tea.") I loved that book, but I gave it to someone awhile back, and I can't remember who. Do any of you have it? I need to review so I don't come off like a complete idiot. This is going to be a year of changes. Let's hope I'm a kinder, gentler, more friendly me at the end of 2009.

5 comments:

  1. i am so excited for you... sounds lik big leaps! it can be hard to be social after hiding for so long. (at least for me.)

    i got justin three cups of tea for Christmas... maybe i will have to steal it if you give it the thumbs up!

    good luck with changes- just know i think you are pretty wonderful as is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been in a book club, but lots of girls back home that I was friends with joined one and LOVED it. I went once just for the social aspect and it was fun. Let me know how you like it. My current books are by Jillian Michaels, the trainer from Biggest Loser. The one I just started is called Winning by Losing and the other is Making the Cut. Hoping to find inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nichole/Katie: Three Cups of Tea is one of the most inspirational books I've ever read - I was ready to start writing checks to the foundation when I finished it. What a worthy life's work ! You'll be inspired to go out and do good. But make sure you go out and do good before the glow fades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your resolution! Like you, I am stingy with my time. Not that I think mine is more important than anyone else's...I would just rather be home than anywhere else. You have inspired me to be better in the sharing of time department.
    Thanks!

    Also, I agree that Three Cups of Tea is a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I have found is that some of the things that seem nerdy end up being some of the funnest things. If that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed