Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Friday, January 23, 2009

Time Out & Time Gone

Can I just say what a nice time I had the other night having a quick dinner out with my youngest son? He sent me a text from work, asking if we could make good on his rain check for dinner, so we went out that night. I love having time out with him, because we always have the best talks. He is thoughtful, and full of good insight. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and it was a wonderful couple of hours spent together. I wish we did that more often. It's a little tradition we've had for many years now - to have some one on one time - but as he's grown to adulthood, the times between outings have gotten longer. That's life. He is the only child who lives close, and so it's doubly precious time. So thanks, Scott, for a really nice evening.

On another note, we are leaving to go to Puerto Rico tomorrow morning... EARLY. Scott is driving us to LAX at about 5:30AM - it's too horrible to think about, so I just try to keep my eye on the prize: getting to Puerto Rico and beautiful beaches and warm weather and my little Mia. And Katie and Zach. Anyway, what this all means is that I won't be blogging for a week, so be patient. Check back sometime after the 31st, which is our return date. I hope I don't lose the 1 or 2 readers that I have, but I must vacation. It's time, and I'm getting cranky.

Stay well and healthy, and know that I'm having a wonderful time on a little island in the Carribean next to Cuba. But I'll be back, hopefully sportin' a good tan, and I'm sure I'll have some good stories to tell.

3 comments:

  1. See you tomorrow! Think of the amazing pictures you'll be able to post when you get back :)Mia is so excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I hope you have a wonderful time! Give them all a hug from the Packards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em - I hope you can be here some time at the same time Mia and Lexi are. We'll have to coordinate that - the little girls would have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed