Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Book Club Tonight!

Oooooh - tonight is my first book club! I'm kind of excited, in a nerdy, bookworm kind of way. A whole evening devoted to something I love - reading! I haven't read the book they're discussing tonight - I was in the middle of another one and never got started on it. But I have to lead the discussion next month on "Three Cups of Tea" so I wanted to see how we do it. I'm kind of bummed in that if I do one thing I like (i.e. Book Club), I have to give up something else (i.e. my workout). Workouts are kind of crucial with me - they keep the joints fluid, and help me sleep. But I'm going to see this through, move out of my comfort zone and into some uncharted territory. Wish me luck.
On a related note, I'm about halfway through the book "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It's pretty good. Has anyone else read it? I've just finished "The Secret Life of Bees", which I loved. Probably most everyone read that one awhile ago, but I was slow in getting to it. Worth the wait, and even better than the movie.
Book Club is the 2nd foray into church lady activities. The first one is Enrichment Night committee member. I think this is what they have you do when they don't know what to do with you. Luckily, there are people on the committee who seem glad to have me, so its all good. I'm trying really hard (and fighting the inner me the whole way) to be more involved, and give more of myself. Usually I go to these, help set up, and then leave. Maybe this time I'll manage to stay the whole time. But don't count on it.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read The Secret Life of Bees, but finally saw the movie last week and loved it! I love a good cry in movies...am I weird?? HOw fun to get involved in a book club! Let me know how it goes. Maybe the nights you go to book club, you just do a short yoga video before bed to stretch out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed