Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Monday, February 9, 2009

Glasses Required for Valentine Shopping

I was at Target on Saturday buying Valentine cards for my grandkids and my husband. (Somehow the kids get skipped. Hmmmm...) Anyway, I picked out some cute cards for the little ones, and some little Valentine stickers to put inside for them to play with. I was feeling very pleased with myself for being so saintly and organized. The woman behind me in line commented that I had a lot of cards. I told her they were Valentines for my grandchildren. She replied "Oh how sweet! I thought grandmas handmade their Valentines!"
So now I'm feeling noticeably less saintly and organized. Is that true?? Are grandmas supposed to handmake their Valentines?? I'm sure many do, and it's not that I don't want to. It's more a time factor with me. Now I feel a little guilty for buying them but they are pretty, cute, and sparkly. Except for the one I'd bought for Lexi. It was a sparkly cupcake design - so darling. It wasn't until I got it home that I read, etched into the shiny red foil of the design: "To My Studmuffin"

I briefly considered sending it to little Matthew instead, but realized it would make me look like a sick and twisted grandma. So my husband will get that one next year (since he thought it was so hilarious) and I will get Lexi another, more appropriate one.

I should have bought red paper and little white doilies.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I've never heard of that, what a funny thing for her to say. Mia LOVES sparkly so she'll love it! I wouldn't feel bad for not making them, some would consider that cheap ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, sorry for the trick..please tell me you aren't upset with me, please?!?

    Now, you should talk with Snarky Mama about this. I am pretty certain she has never made my kids one thing, including dinner! :)
    You shouldn't feel one bit guilty! Kids love sparkly and cute! I think it just means that you are a super cool grandma! Red paper and white doilies...more great-grandma, less cool grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed