Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Try Something Different

OK - book club was good. I'll go back again. It was a good mix of ladies: young mothers, grandmothers, and some in between. Even one high school girl. Some were stay at home moms, some of us work, lots of variables. Attitudes were mainly conservative, but some were less so than others, so I was happy with the differing opinions and experiences. I had a raging headache, but I managed to keep myself together, and I'm glad I was able to stay. It was an evening well spent. When I left to walk home, I heard my husband's voice coming out of the dark across the street, and there he was, waiting for me! I guess he took his workout walk up and down the surrounding streets until it was time for me to head home, and so then he waited for me so I wouldn't have to walk home in the dark by myself. That kind of touched me, it was so thoughtful. I always wish I could think of things like that to do for him, but he's a much faster doer than I am. Before I'm finished thinking about it, he's already done it. I think I need to be more spontaneous, instead of analyzing every move.
I did offer to buy him a Starbuck's hot chocolate and some kind of little goodie tonight. I have a couple of gift cards, so we can mosey over there after the floors are mopped and chores are done for the week. He does love to be treated to a treat. Although if I were really clever, I guess I'd have baked or something. I used to do clever things, once upon a time. Somehow, just getting to work and back takes most of my energy these days. I'm trying to direct energy other ways, though. Like Book Club. My grandchildren. Get those creative juices flowing again. I've lately had a strong yen to join a joga studio. I'm going to check it out this week. I think it will be good for me to break out and do more new things - not to mention things that are good-for-you. I'd love to hear about things you all are involved in. New thoughts are good and stimulating, and I feel I've gotten a bit stale.
On a completely different note: please note that to the right I've added a little "Blog Follower" thingy. To date, no one has registered except for my daughter. I love her for that, but you just don't know how warm and fuzzy it would make me feel to have more of you on there. I know you're out there, somewhere on the fringe, just keeping quiet-like, not wanting to attract undue attention. And I respect that, but it would be just great if you would just register on there so I wouldn't feel like a huge idiot for even putting that thing on there in the first place. We all like to feel that folks are out there, interested in our ramblings, so stroke my ego a bit, won't you?
That said, have a wonderful week ahead. Let's all give life our best effort, and together we'll see what we come up with. Kumbaya.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! Thanks for chatting with me tonight, and for giving me some fun, fresh ideas to try with Mia. Wish you were here to do fun things with. Can't wait to see you this summer. You know all the little projects I'm working on--of course, only when Mia is asleep ;-)
    That's my new goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you were going to add the follower button. Glad you did!! :)

    Happy to hear your book club was enjoyable! And, what a sweet husband you have.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed