Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We Got Our Hair Did

LaMarvelous and I both got haircuts over the weekend. Well, he got a haircut, and I just got mine "trimmed." During my trim, the stylist and I were just talking, talking, talking, and then she began to blow it all out. She said "Oops - I may have cut your bangs too short..." Sure enough, I have little kid bangs. *SIGH* No matter - they'll grow...
When LaMar was getting his cut, "Edward Scissorhands", his stylist, got carried away in the moment. LaMar has thick, wavy hair - I would kill to have his hair. But Scissorhands cut it to about an inch in length...so now it just sticks up like a little boy with a fresh haircut.
So now we both look like we got the 6 Year Old Special haircut. And of course, everyone looks at me and says "Oh - you got your bangs cut..." which automatically makes me smack my bangs with my hand to hide them. But they will grow out, and in 2 weeks I'll be glad that I don't have to trim them myself. So it's actually a good thing, right? If I can live with little kid bangs until then.

6 comments:

  1. just so you know... it is totally cool right now to look like a little kid! seriously.

    you are THE cool mom now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nichole - I love it when you leave your comments! They're always just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, That's HILARIOUS! I can just see you and LaMar now--I totally remember how embarassed I was to go play in the neighborhood after you cut my bangs as a kid, LOL! It's so hard to hide ;-) Does LaMar look like he has a flat top? That would be funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good to meet you while you were visiting Katie- I want to see a picture of that haircut. It has to be better than what Kaely did to her own hair!! Imagine Rhianna's hair on my 3 year old- at least hair always grows back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - OH NO!!! The consolation is that the hair does grow back...eventually... Was Kaely upset, or did she think she looked cool? She's a cute little girl - I don't think she can be wrecked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mom! LOL, yeah, Kaely was really upset after she cut it, but Amy kept telling her it's a cute pixie cut. She's gotten a lot of compliments on it. Kaely's face is so darn cute that she totally can pull off a short haircut.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed