Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Nest for My Birdie

Scott is all moved into his new place. Suffice it to say that Saturday was a very tough day for this mom. I guess it's because all the other times he's been gone, (on his mission and away at school) I knew he'd be back, at least for a little while. This time he won't be back, and the wierdness of it all is even though I know that it's what needs to happen for his own good and happiness (so you'd think I'd be ecstatic about his grown-up choice, right?), there's still a part of me that took it really hard. I came home and cried and cried. (As I did each time the two others left home. You'd think my heart would harden, wouldn't ya?) When I looked back over the past year since he graduated from UVU, I was surprised at how much I'd come to enjoy having him be back home. He probably didn't know that, but I did.

Today is better, but it's still pretty close to the surface. If I think about how much it cheered me up to come home from work and see his light shining underneath his door, I still get a little teary. But these things happen as they should, and I just need a few days to adjust and get used to it. But it's just like I told you it would be. I cleaned up a bit in there, and then I closed the door. I can't go in yet. Maybe in a few days, but not yet.

But here's a couple of pics of Scott in his new digs. I don't see a hint of regret or uncertainty on his face. All is right with the world. And, in a bit, I'll be just fine too.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a pink stuffed animal on his bed? LOL...he looks happy! I'm glad he made the leap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, can I relate to this post! But you're right, it's a GOOD thing.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed