Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sunshine & Guacamole

Today is one of those gorgeous days that make you want to eat a breakfast of strawberries and Rice Krispies with sugar from the cutest bowl in your cupboard, sit in the sun tanning your legs, and then take a leisurely sunset stroll along the beach. Maybe even a frozen banana with the works, while wrapped in a big sweater against the cool evening air. Perfection in weather - that's what we had today.
But was today Saturday? No, no... of course not. So here I sit in my windowless cubicle, craving some sunshine after having just a brief kiss of warm at lunchtime. Retirement is looking mighty fine about now.
I have the day off tomorrow. It's a day filled with all of those annoying doctor appointments I've been putting off: mammogram, bone density - you know the type. But I should have plenty of time during the day to get some sun, and kind of rejuvenate. And, you know, basically do nothing, while doing all kinds of good for myself. Everyone deserves a day now and then to relax, think deep thoughts, lay in the sun while reading a good book (sunscreen slathered on!), and treating oneself to sunny day foods. I'm thinking guacamole, for starters. And anything lemony.
Do I sound like I don't have a care in the world? Think again. I have lots of 'em. That's why I want to have a little escape tomorrow (in between appointments designed to smash and prod) to build my strength, get my feisty back. Get me back. If you're tired and winter weary, come join me. I'll even share my guacamole, mmk?




3 comments:

  1. Oh how your post sounds like HEAVEN! I got the best mental pictures as I was reading and it made me a little jealous even. We had a rainy muggy day today. Wish I could be the other cat with tons of nipples laying next to you. Love the picture! Its perrrrfect;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "get my fiesty back"....love that!

    I'll have the guac, frozen banana, and a side of sunshine! :)
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I lived close enough to take you up on your invitation!

    =)

    PS. The guacamole has my mouth watering...

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed