Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Friday, April 10, 2009

On Growth, Maturity, and Easter Treats

This has been one of the toughest weeks I've had in a long time. Work has been extremely hectic - we're at our fiscal year end, and all kinds of things need to be finalized, documented, spreadsheeted, and reported on. One girl has been on vacation, and that always makes it more crazy. I don't think there was one day when I didn't have several balls in the air most of the day. I'm tired.
Easter Sunday is this weekend, and I haven't done one little thing about it, other than just think about it. I haven't been able to work up any enthusiasm whatsoever to cook dinner for company, or do anything out of the ordinary, other than send the grandbabies each an Easter card. {shaking head sadly and kicking the ground with the toe of my shoe}

Last night was Enrichment Night, and I'm on the committee, which, if you know me, is very ironic, because I don't like Enrichment Night, and I never, ever go. Just too many sisters in one room for me. I'll help plan for it. I'll help set up. But I don't go. So last night, I'm making my hour trek home from work, and I remember it's Enrichment Night, and my first thought was to totally ditch it. Just go home, and claim I forgot. And this is where we get to the part where I get to testify to you that I've grown, I've improved - my spirituality is virtually soaring. Because, my dear friends, I actually drove straight to the church! I did not go home first. Why? Because I knew I'd never go back out the door. I was valiant in my efforts. I set tables, I put green colored coconut into plastic cups to decorate cupcakes later, I filled water glasses with coconut flavored ice water. I made sure everything was prepared, and ready to go. THEN I left. This may not be much to most of you, but I'm telling you, for me it's huge. I wanted so badly to not go at all. They could have gotten along just fine without my help, and I knew it. But I did my due diligence. I'm kinda proud of myself for that. I mean, I know I'll never be a RS Pres, but that's probably just as well...for everyone concerned.
Back to Easter. I was looking at Bakerella's blog (located in my list of blogs to the right) and she has the cutest cupcakes and cake pops done up for Easter. I'm inspired. I want to go home right now and make them, and L is going to help me. And he will, too - and get totally into it. I'm kind of sad that I don't have any little ones to have Easter fun with, but I do have VT ladies. So hey - I'll make some Easter treats for them, since they usually get the short end of the stick having me visit them... {smacking forhead with hand} I'm telling you, it's an Easter miracle!

I'm wishing all of you large amounts of chocolate from your Easter Bunny!

2 comments:

  1. I always have trouble getting myself out for Enrichment, too. I used to go all the time when I had kids at home, but back then it was my chance to escape for some adult conversation.

    It's funny. I'm always glad when I do go, but I have a really hard time signing on for it.

    Ah well.

    Happy Easter!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Easter this year. I was planning on dying eggs with Mia and never got around to it. I wish we were around so you could make those cute pops for us! I don't have anything planned for Easter dinner--what a disapointment, but I just can't cook these days...

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed