Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gone to the Motherland

L and I are heading for Utah tomorrow. Andrew, our youngest, is graduating from Fire Academy, and we're going up to attend the graduation, and to celebrate. This has been a long journey for Andrew, and we're so proud of his tenacity, and how he worked so hard to reach this goal. It's good to see him looking so healthy and happy, and looking forward to life. I think it's a particularly happy day for his dad, my L, and it makes my heart so happy to see the joy on his face when he talks about this happy occasion. Kids can break your heart, but they can also make your spirit soar in a mighty way.

So I'll be absent for a few days from blogging, but when I get back I'll have some Utah stories and pictures to share. I know one thing we want to do is to eat out at the Red Iguana in Salt Lake. It was featured on the Diners Drive-ins and Dives show (with Guy Fieri) on the Food Network, and L and I both love that show. We're actually going to go see Guy Fieri at an appearance at Disneyland California Adventure the following weekend, so we're excited about that too.
Other than the Red Iguana and WINGERS (note how I look forward to Utah in terms of what I'm going to eat....shameful...) I don't know exactly what we're going to do. I'm hoping to meet up with my friend Nichole and view her amazing scrapbooking expertise. She creates some great stuff for scrapbooking at her work, and I've been dying to see it in person. You can look at some of her creations here
I may mosey over to Spanish Fork and look up a cousin or two if time permits. Whenever I go there it brings back all of the memories of summer vacations spent there as a child, visiting my grandfather. So different from home, and lots of fun.
L and Andrew plan to fit in at least one afternoon of hiking, to which I say "No thanks." Those two would hike me right into being half crippled. I'll shop or read or...anyone in Utah want to get together for lunch?
See ya when I get back - Go Cougars!

5 comments:

  1. That should be fun! Tell Andrew congrats for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip! And I know exactly how your husband feels about sons who overcome obstacles and then do themselves (and you) proud.

    I couldn't be happier for both of you! And the new firefighter.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    ♥ HUGS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you won! So come on over to the blog, click on the email in my profile, and send me your address.

    Congratulations!!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still needing your address, Karen, so I can send the book. Maybe you're not even home yet...but if you do check in on your email, hopefully you'll see this. I'd like to mail the books on Wednesday.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed