1. L is always glad to see me come home. And I'm excited to be home with him. After nine years, our favorite company is still each other.
2. We make each other laugh - even when things are not so laughable.
3. We snuggled while watching TV in bed - the best part of the day.
4. My cucumber plant has a flower on it.
5. My pepper plant has several baby peppers hanging off of it.
6. We used fresh cilantro from our garden in our tacos on Sunday.
7. I heard Mia talk over the phone in her sweet baby voice.
8. Even though I hardly excercised last week, I didn't gain a pound. (The tenderest of mercies!)
9. I started to read my new book (written by friend Sue) and found I wasn't so far off the mark after all. (Always a relief. I tend to be an odd duck sometimes.)
10. My gray roots are not as grown out as they usually are at this time
11. L and I ran down to Corona del Mar for dinner on Friday night (we have a little favorite place), and while we were eating I looked up and saw Kobe Bryant walk in. But that wasn't the good part. The good part was watching how excited L got. He had to go refill his Diet Coke so he could get a good look at Kobe while he was standing there placing his food order. Just like a ten year old boy. That gave me a little smile for the rest of the evening, and whenever I think about it.
So my conclusion is that we have friends and family here with us on earth to act as stand-in angels, and to comfort us. I'm guessing we have the chance to play the same role for others (so I'd better look for those opportunities!) And then there's Kobe Bryant, the unwitting angel, who gave my Lakers fan a little thrill, and a big smile on Friday night just by stopping in to fetch dinner for the family. By the way, Kobe drives a pearl white Cadillac Escalade with some seriously tinted windows.