Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some Days Are Harder Than Others...

This week is my company's quarter end. Its crazy and hectic and filled with tension. We have to round up every last penny, dime, and nickel to ensure that our company does well, and continues to employ us. All of us (all 25,000 of us) are worried about our jobs. For me, it's a conundrum: I don't really want to work. I'd much rather be home painting, creating, traveling to see grandchildren, cooking, so many things. It's been so long since I had the "freedom" to stay home and do things that I used to take so much for granted, and was sometimes even a little bored by. But my job is a good one, and I'm surrounded by lots of interesting, good people, and it allows me (for now anyway) to have the finest medical insurance you can have. And for someone like me, that's really important.
So I get up at 5:30, take forever and a day to get ready, drive about 29 miles to work, and spend every minute doing about 5 things at once, keeping my concentration on each one of them. Good thing I had such good training being a mommy, huh? Those years taught me a lot about organization. It's much the same at my job, only instead of 3 kids, I have about 18 of them, and they all think what they need is the most important, and they all want me to help them with what they want first. It's a delicate balancing act on most days, but on most days I still like what I do. But at the end of a day like today, I pretty much go home feeling (and most likely looking) like this:

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I like your new 'do! Very fetching.

    Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it for lunch after all. Already we are over-scheduled to the point that we are having to change some of our plans. We still have a temple sealing to do here in Newport for my husband's parents and a 50th wedding anniversary before we leave.

    How I wish we had a couple more days. Can't believe how quickly the time has flown.

    Hope things work out the way you want them to with the job! And I'm sorry we couldn't connect on this trip, but I get down this way pretty often, so we'll make it happen soon.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed