Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, July 19, 2009

What's a Sunday (or sundae) Without Ice Cream?

It's so hot today! It got up to 96 degrees, and although I know it gets much hotter in other areas (like Mesa, AZ) it was still hot enough to make me not sorry that I was in church during the hottest part of the day.

Rex has been in town for the weekend, and he came over for dinner with Ronna and the kids. I was so disappointed at first, because he said the kids weren't coming as they weren't feeling well (they've been staying at Grandma D's). But they had naps, and made a miraculous recovery, so we were able to enjoy being with them after all. I cut heart shaped watermelon pieces for Lexie with my cookie cutters, and she seemed to enjoy that. It was one of those last minute flashes of inspiration - so glad I thought of it! We had dinner, played a bit, and all too soon it was time for Rex to go to the airport. He needed to go home, as Lexie so aptly put it, to "pay the bills." Ronna and the kids will be here awhile longer, so we're hoping to see more of them.

But back to the heat: there's a little gelato place in Fullerton that is calling to us. L had a faraway look on his face, and when I asked him what I could do for him, he replied "You could take me for some ice cream later." Now, how do I refuse that? It'll be the perfect way to wind up a hot weekend, and cool us off as we prepare for a full work week ahead doing our grown-up thing. Not to mention that eating ice cream on a warm evening always gives me that wonderful, slightly sunburned, summertime feeling. I'm gonna go get my flip flops on, and grab my purse.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great!

    I am just beat tonight...cooked dinner for my family and group of young adults and then just when I was almost done cleaning up, in walks my son and a bunch more young adults from a camping trip, starving to death. Round two!

    I've been serving dinner since 6 and now it's almost 10. But it was fun to have them all here and listen to all their bear stories, etc.

    Yep, I'd love an ice cream right about now...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuummmm! We never did end up going for ice cream with LaMar :( Mia would have loved the heart shaped watermelon! Too bad we didn't think if it then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuuummmm! We never did end up going for ice cream with LaMar :( Mia would have loved the heart shaped watermelon! Too bad we didn't think if it then!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed