Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dentists With T-Birds

I went to the dentist today. I had my teeth cleaned and polished and x-rayed. They are good teeth, and I had no cavities. *phew!* I like my dentist's office - it has big picture windows that look out on gardens. Very soothing. The staff is friendly, and the dental hygienists are gentle and don't make me bleed. Consequently, I don't want to hit them.
I had the protegee dentist today - the young up and coming one. He mentioned that he'd just bought a 1964 Thunderbird to restore. My ears perked up (because my family owns Larry's Thunderbird & Mustang Parts) and I asked him where he gets the parts for his car. He looked blank so I told him about the family biz (I actually worked there for 10 years selling parts, can you believe that??)
He accessed the Larry's website right then and there (larrystbird.com) and requested a FREE catalog for his upcoming restoration. We yakked for a few minutes about cars and chrome and window switch bezels and brake boosters (See? I TOLD you I used to sell car parts!), and he became quite excited to start buying parts from our little business.
Like I said, I was "Larry's daughter" for 10 years there. I have a nice, clean job now, but it served me well at the time. Some customers really liked me (because my attention to detail was Nordstrom-like) and other's didn't like me at all (didn't like dealing with a girl). But like me or hate me, at least I never packed styled steel wheels in with a windshield (like one award-winning ex-employee did) and send it all to Australia to be unpacked as a bunch of wheels and lots of broken glass. That was awesome, and still exists at Larry's as the gold standard of stupidity.
But back to today's customer referral. I think I should get a commission, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I do. Or at least some free parts!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would demand one! LOL, awww Larry's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I don't know what I would do with all the useless T-bird and Mustang knowledge I've picked up over the years. I think almost the whole family worked there at one time or another!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed