Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We finally got smart this year, and made the side dishes(mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing) the night before so all we had to do today was pop the turkey in the oven, bake the stuffing, and make a really good hot crab dip for an appetizer. L and I cleaned everything up as we went, and it was surprising how quickly we had the kitchen cleaned up!

It was so good to have Scott, my Aunt Margie, and my grandma all at the table with us. My grandma was walking really well, had a great appetite (what else is new?), and we had bright and lively conversation all through dinner. Last year, Grandma had a little nap between dinner and pie. Not this year. She stayed at the table, and talked to us while we cleaned up the dinner dishes. I got my laptop and showed her pictures of little Hayden, and also ones of Mia, Lexi, and Matthew that she hadn't seen yet. She seemed to get a second wind, and started casting her eye about for the whereabouts of the pies. She had apple AND pumpkin. I can't figure out where she puts it. I ate about half as much as her, and I am groaning.

All in all, what a beautiful day! 80 degrees on Thanksgiving - it doesn't get nicer than that. We even had the A/C going! And we had Scott all to ourselves, so we asked him a million questions about Ashley, and his job, and his future plans. Poor guy didn't stand a chance against us three girls - LaMar was the only one who respected his privacy. I suppose someone has to be mannerly.

I hope you all enjoyed good food and conversation in the company of family and friends. I'm grateful for all of our family members both near and far, and for the privilege of spending another holiday with my aunt and grandmother - two great ladies. May you all feel the love and blessings of family and friends throughout the holiday season, and be thankful each day for this wonderful country we're fortunate enough to live in.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was nice, too. Like you, I did some of the cooking yesterday, but it still seemed to take most of the day to get the dinner on the table...and the rest of the day to clean it up!

    It was great to have Todd home, though.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have been there! We had a really nice Thanksgiving with Amy and her parents though :)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed