Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day (apologies to Judith Viorst)

Today is a terrible horrible no good very bad day. I got out of bed at 5:30 am and my muscles still hurt from falling down last week. Only today, my hand was a little swollen because I forgot to inject myself with Enbrel on Sunday. It was going to be a terrible horrible no good very bad day.
L had to go to work early, so I had to make my own eggs for breakfast. I thought I had plenty of time, but when I finished I could see I was going to be a little late. I am time impaired.
When I got dressed, the sparkly jeweled buttons on my sweater had a hard time getting into the buttonholes just right. They kept snagging on the sweater part. Finally, I thought I had it, but when I looked in the mirror, one of the buttons was snagged on the buttonhole, but was not attached to the sweater anymore. It was going to be a terrible horrible no good very bad day.
I tried to find another outfit to wear in a hurry, but either I had the wrong color bra on (black) or I looked fat. Finally, I had to settle for fat, because I was really out of time. I don't like what I'm wearing today. My belly looks fat, but how could that be, when I lost 1 1/2 pounds since yesterday? *sigh*
I walked fast down to the car and remembered that I'd forgotten to get gas last night. Now I was really going to be late. It was a terrible horrible no good very bad day.
I drove about a million miles per hour to the gas station and filled up. When I got on the freeway, I got stuck behind a slow truck. I signalled to go into the next lane, and realized about 5 miles down the road that I had forgotten to turn off the turn indicator, and now I was one of those annoying people who go down the freeway signalling aimlessly.
I finally got to work in one piece, but I just got back from the restroom where the lighting always makes you look tired. I caught sight of myself in the (of course) wall size mirror and noticed that my thighs look chunky and my sweater has bulges that have nothing to do with a chunky knit and everything to do with pumpkin pie. I said out loud "This looks terrible" and then I realized there was someone else in the restroom with me. I hid in the stall until she left.
I am getting a headache behind my eyes because I think this bad outfit is messing with my immune system. It is a terrible horrible no good very bad day.
But at least I can go home in a little while and be with L. He always makes me feel better.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I laughed through this whole post! I can just picture you in my mind in that bathroom, hahaa! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to dido Katie's comment. Very funny post, the way you wrote it. Not so funny that you had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day though. I've had days like this too. Hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had such a crummy day, but I have to admit I got some great chuckles out of your description of it.

    Thanks!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed