Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flying Dragons

I had a dream last night that my 3 year old granddaughter, Lexi, could sing.  I mean, really sing - like a prodigy, not just like every other Primary kid.  She had a little book of music, and she was just belting out the tunes like a Broadway pro.  Everyone was amazed at her talent.  I remember saying "Well, she can sing so well, because she talked so early."  And it made perfect sense in my dream.  *nodding*  
I don't think that logic follows in real life.  I'm not watching TV at all tonight, partly to avoid another wacky dream, but mostly to attempt some discipline in the number of sleep hours I get.  
I just got home from Tai Chi and I'm tired from struggling to look graceful whilst moving from the "flying dragon" pose to the "dragon landing" pose.  Sounds simple enough, but I've found I cannot stand on tip-toe anymore without wobbling.  When did I lose that ability?  Maybe after one of the last 3 ankle sprains?  I don't know, but it made me slightly sad to face that fact.  I'll continue to work, and hopefully regain my tip-toe stance skills, but I have a mountain of muscles to strengthen.  
Do I sound discouraged?  I'm really not.  The Tai Chi class is the hardest one for me, and so I usually come away feeling tired and clumsy.  But tonight I'd forgotten to take my Excedrin/Advil cocktail before class, and I didn't wear my ankle brace.  And I'm not in any pain.  That's progress, my friends.  Even if I do still move through poses like a sleepy bear.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be in the corner, observing. Seriously, though, it sounds like this is really doing you some major good!

    I am impressed.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dream sounds hilarious! If I were you, I'd want more funny dreams! I still need to start working out again. I feel like such a chunker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how many moms have come to me with their 3-5 year olds wanting voice lessons cause their child is obviously a prodigy, lol. Also, I see on singer's resume's all the time "been singing since I was 3." Didn't we all sing when we were 3? Is it really that impressive? Maybe the dream was a premonition of things to come!! I bet Lexi is bursting with talent. I am impressed with all your Tai Chi. I can't seem to get my lazy but up to exercise ever.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed