Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oooooooommmmm...

Just so you know, I went to yoga class last night - even though I'd had the most wretched day imaginable.  I was determined.  I arrived and the instructor sat down with me and asked me all kinds of questions about this and that - what were my physical limitations, what did I hope to gain from yoga exercise, etc.  (Limitations: I practically squeak when I move, like the Tin Man. Goals: I want to be willowy and graceful.  Not possible?  Well, maybe just fit, then.)
Much to my surprise, I was the only one there for class.  The studio just opened, and I guess you have to give these things some time.  As luck would have it, Monday night's class was the Detox Yoga.  We started stretching, and then every so often we would tap and slap at various pressure points all over the body.  Kidneys, down the legs, abdomen, neck, arms, pretty much everything.  I thought "this is a bit wierd" but I played along.  I breathed, and slapped, and massaged.  We stretched out prone on our mats, and we stretched and breathed some more.  We imagined we were breathing in light, and the light was lighting up everything inside.  We relaxed, and I had to worry about not relaxing too much, because I will snore. 
At the end of it all, we bowed to each other, and I went home.  I actually felt fantastic!   I mean, bad day?  What bad day??  I felt great -  partly because I followed through with attending, but I think there's really something to the detox exercise.  And this morning, when I woke up, I'd detoxed 2 pounds!
I'm going back.  Not tonight - because I'm getting my hair did tonight.  (The gray is completely and screamingly obvious, and covering gray trumps yoga)  But Wednesday night I'm back - this time for Tai Chi class.  I loved having the class all to myself last night, but I'm realistic enough to know that she needs some more customers.  If you're in the area, you could go too.  Anybody?  Anybody???

I can do this.....
But my favorite is this!

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh, that sounds amazing! Wish I still lived in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I were there! That sounds terrific!! And the Tai Chi sounds even better.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed