Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday - And not a moment too soon...




















The Santa Ana riverbed is close to my house.  There are bike and walking trails that wind along it - you can actually get all the way to the beach if you have that much energy.  There are lots of birds who live there: ducks and geese, and egrets - or cranes.  I came home from work a little early today, as I planned to finish the day working from home so I'd be able to go pick up my new glasses.  I was looking out my bedroom window (delaying the working from home part of the day) and I noticed a crane walking along the hillside, snapping up grasshoppers as he (she?) went along.  We see these birds all the time along the riverbed, but they don't often venture over our way.  They're very interesting to watch - all long legged and gawky, yet somehow graceful at the same time.  I snapped a couple of pictures for your enjoyment, and then I photoshopped them for my enjoyment.  It was a nice end to a nice day.  I find I'm a bit of a bird geek.
























Oh, and my new glasses?  I'm lovin' them!  They're kind of preppy cool - a little Buddy Holly, a little hot but brainy office girl.  And most important of all, I can see, and wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen in them.

3 comments:

  1. Those frames are really fun, Karen!

    =)

    PS. I like the idea of being able to walk a kind of nature trail-ish path to the beach from your house...even if it takes a long time. There's just something kinda cool about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Zach and your birds, LOL! Zach still runs out with the camera every time he hears those parrots fly by our house. Now there are 6-just beautiful! Love your new glasses you sexy hot librarian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Katie, totally sexy librarian look. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed