1. Mia called me on the phone: "Hi Mema! It's MI-a!" Made my day to hear that little voice. And I found out that:
2. She went swimming and used "lots of big arms." Huge deal.
3. We were both painting when she called. When she found that out I heard a little gasp and then Katie laughing. Katie came on and said that Mia was so excited that I was painting AT THE SAME TIME AS HER that she was running in place. That gave me a laugh. Mia is our little artist.
4. Hayden can roll over, so now she is all over the place.
5. We had dinner with L's brother Rick and his wife Diana. Rick fell 30 feet while rock climbing a few weeks ago. He's sporting a sort of "halo" around his lower leg that's holding his broken heel together. (The other one was also fractured, but not nearly as severely.) He's lucky to be alive, and we were so glad we could have some fun with them. Ironically, he's a podiatrist.
6. Scott and Ashley came to church with us today. Scott had a great time seeing old friends in the ward, and it was fun introducing Ashley around. What a beautiful girl she is. Ash had to go to work, but Scott came over after church and we had a nice visit. I really enjoy being with my kids.
7. Dinner with L at Cafe Rio. Brand new one just built in Laguna Hills. I tried their salmon taco - they just don't make anything I don't love. After dinner we drove to my office ( on a SUNDAY - it felt soooo wrong to be there!) because L had to weigh his Pinewood Derby car. Yes, you heard right. Our ward is having an adult activity Friday - a Pinewood Derby - and you wouldn't believe how excited all the men are about this. (Do I really have to go to this???) L has carved his in the shape of a Ferrari. We'll paint it orange with a white stripe. Ooooooh the excitement... It'll be fun just to watch all of these man-boys play with their little cars.
8. Dessert: a Lemon Drop Frostings cupcake. It's calling to me down in the kitchen, so I'm going to answer the call.
Did everyone survive the lost hour of Daylight Savings this weekend? I had to take a nap. I NEVER nap, but I had to today. You wouldn't think one little hour would make that big a difference, but it does. Weird.
Another week begins. What highlights will it bring?