Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Random Nap

I just got back from Tai Chi.  While I was at class, L went to the gym, and then to Henry's for some provisions.  They were having a 2 for 1 sale on certain items.  He got two containers of detergent.  I'm always running out of that stuff right when I've got just one load left to do.
He also got two containers of Hagen Daz.  *sigh*  Kind of defeats the purpose of struggling through Tai Chi and losing my balance on the eagle pose, (I am really REALLY bad at Tai Chi) but I can't say the sight of lemon sorbet and rocky road didn't bring a tiny smile to my face.


Back to Tai Chi.  I understand we're supposed to get all inside ourselves and imagine we're pushing energy here and there, but I have such a hard time getting past my upper arms flapping around.  Totally distracts me.  Plus, one of the mirrors is a little warped so it makes me look even sturdier than I already am.  Disturbing.  I much prefer to turn my back on the mirrors, and then I can imagine myself the way I want to.  And soon enough, after much struggling and wobbling it's relaxation time.
Tonight, we had a man join our group for the first time.  Saleem.  He moved through the poses in a button down shirt, sport slacks and wearing a watch.  I think he enjoyed it very much though.  When we were laying on our blankets in relaxation pose, he started to snore.  Awesome.  Totally broke my concentration.  I got the giggles.  But hey - we were supposed to relax, and he obeyed.  Even surrounded by 4 women.  I think he'll come back.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's funny! Flapping arms and all ;-) I need to start doing something...my excuse now is that our dvd player doesn't work-I can' always use my computer, but the screen is so small. I just need to get it together! Maybe after my cold passes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending the video for me to use, by the way. I haven't had a chance yet, but am definitely going to try it out Saturday, once my friend's wedding is over. This week has been like a marathon, and I'm teaching RS on Sunday, too.

    I love that the guy fell asleep. Wish I could do that so easily!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed