Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, March 7, 2010

What Happened to the Girl Scout Cookies?

L got ambushed by some cute little Brownies or Girl Scouts outside the grocery store the other day, and he ended up buying some cookies.  It's really hard to say no to little girls plying you with boxes of cookies.  I can remember being really excited that it was Girl Scout Cookie time.  My favorites were always the peanut butter sandwich cookies and the Thin Mints.  And the Samoas.  L brought home the peanut butter sandwich ones - his favorite.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't these cookies used to be delicious?  And bigger?  They're so tiny now - like doll cookies.  And they're kind of hard and not nearly as yummy as I remember them being.  (It's been a few years since I've had them.)  We noticed that they have a new baker now - ABC Bakeries.  I think it used to be Burry, or something like that.  Anyway, somewhere the recipe definitely underwent a change, and not for the better.  Pity.  They used to be really good.  I get that they need to skimp on the quantity to make more money for the Girl Scouts, but it's disappointing they've cut back on quality too.  Now I'd rather just give them a donation and skip the cookies.  Probably a wise health move too.  





4 comments:

  1. Oh no, don't tell me they've even ruined Girl Scout cookies now! (I haven't bought them in so long, I didn't realize they were no longer the yummy treats of yesteryear.)

    But maybe all of this is a GOOD thing. Now, when I refuse those cute little girls because I'm afraid I can't resist actually EATING the cookies, I won't have to feel so sorry for myself.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess we'll just have to stick with JoeJoe's ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samoas are still the same . . . unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed