Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cloudy With A Chance of Hot Chocolate


Another busy weekend.  L spent most of it working on the console for the bathroom remodel, and now it looks like this:





On Saturday afternoon we ran and picked up the remaining tile (the glass tile mosaic) and exchanged a long towel bar for a shorter one.  I think we're ready to start.  Our contractor buddy gave us the bid, and we're so excited to start.  L and his dad will do all the tile themselves to save lots of $$$, and L will help our friend with the backer board that the tile hangs on.  This is going to be the most beautiful bathroom - its little but it'll pack a punch!  Before, when the kids were still here it was the ugliest, most disgusting bathroom ever.  Hard water had destroyed just about everything, and the kids weren't easy on it.  But now when people visit, they'll just want to go into the new bathroom and marvel at it's beauty.  Can you tell I'm excited?



Our beautiful weather disappeared, and it's been cold all day, so while I went about doing things around the house, we had a fire going in the fireplace.  I took a picture of the living room looking cozy and warm.  Because this is what it was looking like outside:






I think I'm going to go downstairs and fix us each a cup of hot chocolate to relax with.  L has been having trouble sleeping lately.  I think he's in overdrive with this bathroom remodel, and he's been waking up really early every morning and hasn't been able to get back to sleep.  He lays awake and listens to me snore, apparently.  Now I won't be able to sleep, worrying that I'm snoring, or drooling or worse.  Maybe I need a cookie with that hot chocolate.

4 comments:

  1. That fireplace DOES look cozy! I kind of wish I could have a cozy hot chocolate night. Instead Zach and I had a melty ice cream kind of night, LOL. Its so hot here the ice cream never stays frozen very long. I can't wait to see your beautiful bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting that you're remodeling the bathroom. I would love to do mine. It's probably the room in our home that needs work the most.

    Hot chocolate sounds like the perfect way to relax at the end of a long day. Maybe I'll go get some right now! (Just got home, and I'm still wired...)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your living room! If your bathroom turns out half as nice, it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was so funny to me, I mean I'm seriously laughing out loud! Rex says he cant sleep because of MY snoring! haha. I cant wait to see the new bathroom too.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed