Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Here Comes the Bride

I got a sneak peek at Ashley's wedding dress.  It's beautiful - a train in back and the bodice and lower skirt and train are covered in Chantilly lace and beading.  Well, actually the beading hadn't been done yet, but it will be gorgeous!  They're also making a piece for the dress with the Chantilly lace so it will be temple ready - the original dress is strapless.  I was honored that she invited me to come see her dress, and I begged her to let me post a tiny piece of it - she wants it unveiled on THE DAY, as any bride would.
We had lunch afterwards, and it was a perfect afternoon.  I really enjoy being with her, and am looking forward to the years ahead.  She's going to be a fun addtion to the family.
I still have no idea what I'm going to wear.  I think I'm going to throw myself on the mercy of Macy's or Nordstrom, and just give a salesgirl free rein.  I'm have no patience searching entire stores for things, and they already know everything that's there.  Yes, *nodding head* , that's what I'm gonna do.  I see an outfit I like but it never looks the same in a size 12 as it does in a size 4.  So I'm always disappointed.  That's why I think it will be better for the salesgirl to take a good look at me, and then fetch things that will look good in my size.  And *I know* I need to be less critical of myself, and less hung up on poundage.  It's a work in progress.
Ashley is an accessories maven, and she promised me that she would help me accessorize when I finally choose an outfit.  I'm a little bad at that, too.  I know what I like and don't like, but sometimes I have a hard time picturing things on myself, so I tend to buy the same types of things over and over.  I have a million "tiny" necklaces.  I always admire the flashier statement pieces I see in magazines, but when it comes to actually buying them, I feel they're not for me.  And maybe they're not.  But Ashley will be good at helping me find just the right thing.
So what did the bride to be choose to wear on her big day?  Here's a tiny sample, but you'll just have to imagine the rest, as well as the extra piece they're creating to make it temple legal.


I promise - the lace is to DIE for.  And the back of the dress is one long row of covered buttons and loops.  When it's got all the beading done, I may weep.  It's an amazing dress.  I can't imagine what it would be like to actually be talented enough to create something like that.
My daughter in law Ronna (of the amazing bags and purses on this blog here) took some cute pictures of her daughter Lexi wearing a dress she'd made her.  I stole the pictures right off of her family blog and photoshopped them a bit and here they are:


And then the same one in black and white with a few other tricks thrown in:


I think the black and white one is my favorite.  Its surprising how much time you can use up sitting at the computer fiddling around.  (And that's why I don't get my projects done...)  I hope you all are having a good weekend, and I hope you all went to Sue's blog and did your thing to be included in her giveaway. She draws the winners' names tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. I'm the queen of sitting at the computer retouching pictures for too long and not getting anything done! Ashley's dress sounds really pretty. Can't wait to see her in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the giveaway reminder, Karen. The drawing is tonight and the winner(s) will be announced tomorrow! I'm just getting the little slips of paper ready for "the bowl" but needed to take a break for a few minutes....

    That wedding dress looks as if it's going to be gorgeous. I really am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job on the pics! And I saw your son's engagements on Amelia's blog. SO Amazing! I am in love with all of them especially the ones that they are laughing in. How exciting. glad we got a sneak peak of her dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the pictures. I love the black and white one also. Glad to hear things are going good for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley will be a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed