Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Blog Vacation

Tomorrow I take off for Denver, so I'll be having a mini blog vacay.  I'm going to see these people:






My oldest baby Rex, his wifey Ronna, and the princess and pirate Lexi and Matthew.  I haven't seen them since January, so I'm prepared for all kinds of new tricks.  Lexi got a bike for her birthday so it'll be fun to watch her ride.  And Matthew - who knows what crazy stuff he's up to?
It'll be a quick trip - just Thursday to Monday - and then I'll be back in my "normal" routine.  BAA!  These trips are always way too short.  (Although they may not think so.)  The ironic thing is that half the people I work with, including my boss, are at a conference in Denver at the same time I'm there.  I'm avoiding the Marriott City Center like the plague.  It would be horrible to see work people while on vacation.  It's would be so wrong.
I'm hoping to have all kinds of cute pictures to share with you once I'm back, and I'm really REALLY hoping to have some pictures of real progress in the bathroom remodel.  (We're kind of at a standstill with the tile.) L's dad backed out on helping, and L is trying to decide if he's accomplished enough to tackle it solo.  It's making him neurotic, so I vote for hiring someone, but he says I always choose the easy way out.  He's probably right.  But I sleep well at night.  *stern look over at L*
So y'all have a good rest of the week and a wonderful weekend, and I'll catch you back here on Tuesday or so.  Maybe Wednesday, since LOST is on Tuesday and I may not have time to blog at work, because, ya know, I'll probably have *work* to do after being gone a few days.  And I'll have to catch up with all of you and your blogs.  *heavy sigh*   Going on vacation is tough!

5 comments:

  1. Take a coat! It's cold thar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I envy you, Karen. I know I just got back from visiting my grandkids, but I'd love to go again. I do get to see them at the end of this month, though, for our mini-family reunion/birthday trip to Palm Desert.

    Sooooo, while I do admit to a bit of envy, I definitely do not begrudge you the trip! (Aren't I wonderful? Such generosity of spirit.) In fact, I hope that those four days seem like eight at least...and that you come home with lots pictures to show and stories to tell.

    In the meantime, we'll miss you!

    =)

    PS. Have a safe trip.

    PPS. Tile. It's tricky. And crazy-making.
    Conclusion: Hire someone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have fun and I can't wait to see pics of those darling littles. Maybe by some magic of magics the tile will be done by the time you get back?

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed