Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Here's a little pictorial of my Mother's Day weekend.  All parties heard from, and a good day was spent.  Saturday was spent with my mom and grandma.  My grandma is almost 99, and she showed up looking like a beautiful rose:


She was at her best, thanks to the wonderful care my aunt Margie provides her with.  She loves people, and seems to be energized by getting out and socializing.   But look at that face!  THAT is one joyful spirit!  And Margie - she's a wonder as well.  Always thinking of others and so selfless.  She has been a wonderful influence in my life, and I enjoy every minute of the time I spend with her.  We're trying to get her and my grandma to move in closer thisaway so we can help more and see them more often.  I would love nothing more than to have them within a few minutes distance.  Here is a very camera-shy Margie:


I tried to be better about remembering to get pictures of everyone.  I missed my brother Chris.  He had his gall bladder removed a couple of weeks ago, and he left before I engaged my brain and grabbed my camera, so we'll get him next time.  But here is the rest of my family (minus brother Matt and wife Greta who live out of state):
Dad, Mom, and the monkey in the middle (me)

Chris' wife Jill and, of course, me


My brother Brent and his favorite sister (again, me)


Brent's wife Becky (before they were married, she was one of my Laurel's in YW!)

I have such pretty sister-in-laws, and we all had a good time visiting.  It's funny, we all live within a short distance of each other, but we don't get together that often.  We really should be better about that, while we're all still around.  I've made an effort with the camera, so I'll try to corral everyone a little more often.  We had a good time - Mom made a great dinner, Dad manned the BBQ, and the conversation flowed.  Grandma had such a good time, she lasted until 9:00!  What a party girl!
I'll leave you with a picture of the flowers I got for my mom.  They were made by the girl who is doing the flowers for the wedding.  As you can see, I've got no doubt that the wedding flowers will be spectacular!  You probably can't tell from the photo, but she stuck some fresh lilac sprigs in the arrangement - they gave off the most heavenly aroma!  I just wanted to stick my face in the flowers and sniff.


Oh wait - PS: here's a Mother's Day photo of Katie and the girls.  Can you see why I can't wait for them to come next month?  Mia told me today she wants to go to Disneyland and see the princesses.  I think that can be arranged.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect day with the family, and the flowers are pretty great, too. I LOVE lilacs like no other.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of you all, but that picture of your grandma is stellar. I can feel her personality from here. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nana looks wonderful. Great job at remembering to take pictures! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandma is the cutest fairy grandmother ever- and nearly 99, I see where you get your youthful looks from! It looks like it was a spectacular party, and I love the picture of the flowers- they're beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed