Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Taking A Sick Day

I'm sick today.  That nasty cough thing that everyone had in Denver?  Turns out I'm not bulletproof.  BLEAH.  I must have a slight fever because I'm achey and keep getting hot and then cold.   I just couldn't lay in bed anymore so I got up to do something else.  ANYTHING else.  Which is how I wound up here.
I went to yoga last night, and thought it was odd that I was working myself up into such a sweaty dither. I thought it was because I'd not worked out in over a week, but I was surprised that I was having such a hard time.  But you know how every so often you get a slight feeling that all is not well with your body?  Yeah.  I kept getting that feeling, so at 3am I knew I wasn't going to work today.
I've looked longingly at the shower for awhile now, so maybe I'd feel better if I hose off.  Then I'll watch Ellen.  That always makes me feel better, and is the payoff for being home sick.  Hot water on aching body...sounds good to me.
Stay well everyone... stay well.

3 comments:

  1. That stinks! Hope you feel better soon. I'll give a call after I get Mia down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you're all better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not fun, not at all. I hope your shower does the trick and you get back to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed