Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We Were Not Ginger and Fred

Tonight Scott came over.  He was hoping I could teach him to dance.  And I could've, too - if only he'd chosen something you could waltz to.  But he and Ashley's song, sadly, is in 4/4 time.  We tried.  We really really tried.  But it wasn't pretty.
We Googled 4 count dances and got videos of fox trots and hustles.  Fox trot is kind of complicated - at least when Louie from DWTS does it.  We just couldn't figure it out.  And the hustle?  Mmmmm...no.  I think I made up a basic little box step and we practiced it.  In the end, he needs to practice it with Ashley.  She's the one with the big white dress that shouldn't be stepped on.
Wow, I was really hoping to be more help, but those dancing lessons at Cotillion when I was 10 years old or so are kind of eluding me.  But you know how it is: you picture yourself gliding and twirling with the music, so elegant, and you think you can do it with just one or two nights' practice.  In the end, I think they should just settle for the basic Sway.  Not very exciting, but practically risk-free.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! It didn't even accure to Zach or me to practice our dance. I guess ours was boring, but we were so in our own little married world that it didnt' matter ;-) Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt and Heather did the sway thing, and it was still great to watch. All that love kind of upstages the dancing anyway...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, nobody really cares if you cant do the waltz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We opted out of the traditional wedding dance, so something has to be better than nothing at all, right?

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed