Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Birthday Gift

A quick post that I should have done before now.  My very clever daughter in law, Ronna, made me the most lovely gift: a bag for my yoga mat.  A few months ago I'd asked her if she knew how to make one.  I'd seen some for sale, but they were $50 - $100 and that was a little steep for me, being just a yoga novice.  She didn't know how, but I send her a picture of one I liked and she kept it, apparently, and worked up a little pattern for one.
She sent it to me for my birthday, and I was surprised and amazed and in love with it all at the same time.  She couldn't have picked fabric I love more and it's so great to be able to take my mat to class in it's own little tote.  Plus, all of my yoga friends were envious, which is what makes the gift even better.  Here's a picture of it:



She makes cute bags and purses and beautiful little makeup bags as well.  You really should visit her blog here as I know you'll want one of her items.  If you don't see anything that hits you right now, wait a bit.  She was just in Maui and sprained her ankle badly so she's out of commission for a couple of weeks.  But she'll be back to it soon.  Leave her a comment if there's something you desire  - she's so clever I think she can make anything.  If you scroll down far enough on her blog you'll see the cute diaper bag she designed for me to give to my niece.  I'm telling you, this girl is CLEVER.  Plus, she has 2 of the smartest and cutest kids ever - our Lexi and Matthew.  I'm going to Arizona this next week to see Katie and the girls, but soon it will be time for another Denver trip.  It's been too long again...

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love the tote. What a clever girl. Have fun in Arizona. Maybe we'll run into one another and say "Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tote is a pretty cool invention! I love the stuff Ronna makes, and I have two or three of those little make-up bags myself.

    It'll be fun to hear more about how Katie is doing in AZ.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky mother-in-law, you. She is creative and crafty- that's amazing!
    and she does have cute kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky. The only thing I ever made my Mother-in-law was angry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday gift- It truly is SO cute! She is definately talented.
    Have fun on your trip Karen - I'm off to visit your daughter in laws blog :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Karen, and everyone for the nice compliments, and thanks for the shout out to my blog. Karen, I'm so so happy you love it, and love the fabric too. It gives my great joy to give gifts that people love! I'll have to make more so your yoga friend can sell them for me. Have a great trip to AZ. I agree, the next trip will have to be Denver. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed