Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If you're trying to *save* me, at least sign your name...

Still practicing being awesome.  How about you?  Some days it's harder to practice than others, isn't it?  But as long as you give it a good try, I think you can count it - even if you briefly get a "tone" in your voice when someone bugs you for the 99th time while you're trying to tally up vacation hours.  *sigh*  I'm only human, you know.
But you guys - I had something kind of weird/creepy happen today.  I came home, pulled the trash cans in and collected the mail.  As I was going through it, there was a nondescript little envelope addressed to "Resident."  Huh.  Junk mail, I thought.  I almost threw it away, but instead brought it upstairs and opened it.  Inside was a typed and photocopied list of about 10 anti-Mormon websites.  I can't remember all of them, but there was one called ConcernedChristians and another called 4Mormon.com or org - can't remember now.  I went to one of them just to see what it was, and it was a site with stories about ex-Mormons, and how they became ex-Mormons, and their pathetic little stories.
It was very creepy.  There was no other message - just the list of websites.  So I started to wonder: were we targeted or was this sent to everyone in the neighborhood?  Or did someone have a list of Mormons in the area?  I tell you, it makes you look at your neighbors funny, and I don't want to do that.
I've never EVER had anything like this happen, and it's very disappointing.  Things like this make me wonder why people can't just be concerned about themselves, and stop worrying about my salvation.  I don't bother anyone or pressure anyone with my beliefs - why would someone want to be so unkind as to try to insult mine?  (I say "try" because the attempt was ridiculous, and ignorant, to say the least)
Has anyone else ever gotten anything like this, randomly and anonymously, in the mail?  It's more than a little creepy.

On a happier note, Mia had a happy day today at preschool.  She got to write her name on a chalkboard and on Thursday its *gasp* sharing day!  Very, very big stuff.  She also received her new book from Mema - The Kissing Hand.  (If you've never seen this book, and you have a little one going to preschool, check it out - it's darling!)  Things are looking up in Mesa.

I think the little island girl will soon become a desert flower...

7 comments:

  1. She is such a beautiful child.

    As for the nice little missive in your mailbox, that is plain old bizarre. And no, I've never had anything like that happen to me. And I hope I never do!

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lame sauce is what that was- who does that? Weirdos.

    Mia is going to have such a fun sharing day- although it's hard to decide just what treasure to take on sharing day. I'm sure she'll have stories to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mia is so beautiful! I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I can't wait to see that little one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love that book too. Lexi loves it. She loves the stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, you don’t know me but I often read your blog.
    I’m not Mormon or anything really.
    The thing I like about Californian Mormons is the fact that
    you don’t push your beliefs on to others, that's the reason I have stuck with CA blogs for so long.

    Honestly there are some sad people knocking about!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen - I think that would kind of creep me out too. I never understand why people feel the need to do those kinds of things.
    On another happier note Little Mia is just a beautiful child - Glad to hear she is a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed