Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Road Trippin' with Karen & LaMar

We're off to Sedona in the morning.  I'm packing up tonight so we can jump in the car first thing and go.  We've packed Red Vines, JoJos, cinnamon toffee almonds, some fruit (for health) and waters.  And some Diet Coke for L.  All the essentials.
 The basic schedule is river kayaking on Monday (they're inflatable Funyaks!), the Grand Canyon on Tuesday, Indian ruins on Wednesday morning and then Katie and the yummy little girls on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  In between we'll explore Sedona a bit, eat some good food, then have fun in Mesa with everyone.  Katie needs help hanging some pictures and picking out paint colors.  L wants to just have fun with the little ones.  Hopefully we can manage both.  Oh yes - and somewhere along the way I will meet up with Jenny of the Denton Sanatorium blog (see previous post).  I'm very much looking forward to that.
I plan to take lots of pictures to delight and amaze you with upon my return.  We'll see if that becomes a reality.  My usual MO is to get so busy in the moment that the camera is completely forgotten.  I will do better this time.
I'll miss reading all of my friends' adventures while I'm gone, but we'll catch up next weekend.  Ya'll stay safe and be good.  And Jenny - here I come!  Put your eatin' pants on and think where you want to go.

7 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!
    Got your email this morning, but it's been Saturday with kids . . .
    I teach Institute on Thursday am if you want to come. Otherwise, I'm busy till about 11. Then we could find some yummies and take them back to Katie's so the kids aren't too bored, or . . . . I know some fun places.
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave and I had fun in Sedona the one time we went there. But even more fun will be seeing Katie and kids and hanging out with Jen.

    I am definitely jealous!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a VERY fun trip planned and I have never been there but heard Sedona is just gorgeous!! Enjoy and have fun meeting Jen - Meeting blog friends is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to pretend that I'm going on the trip with you because that sounds like SO much fun! Not only did you have me with all the snacks you were packing but I've never seen the Grand Canyon and it's one of of the things on my "To Do" list in life.

    Hope you had a great trip!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so fun- I'll bet those little girlies have a ball with you guys. Also I'm slightly envious of you & Jen getting to play, but can't wait to hear all about it when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time and enjoy all those goodies!
    So fun that you get to meet Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you like the sign! Hope your trip was great!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed