Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Update

Lest you all think, after my last post, that I'm curled up in a ball sucking my thumb (that was yesterday) I just wanted to report that my to-do list is getting shaped up.  First of all, I've made an actual list, as so many of you rightly suggested.  I've always been fond of lists, so that wasn't a stretch - I just needed to get it done.  One suggestion, however, really resonated, and that was from Cherie.  Her suggestion?  1 day = 1 task done.  No more of this feeling like I need to get 20 things done in a day.  As long as 1 thing gets ticked off the list per day, I'm doing my job.  I liked that concept.  Took a lot of pressure off.
Today was a good day.  Work was busy, but not insane.  I turned my phones off at lunch and treated myself to a quiet time with my salad away from my desk.  (I'm usually trying to do 3 other things at my desk AND eat lunch.)  It was sublime.  Everyone else had gone out so I had the place to myself.  After I ate, I gave myself the small gift of finishing one task: going online and making a list of possible gifts for the grandkids. Now all I have to do is talk to parents and narrow it down.  Easy.
L got home from work and we put on our walking shoes and hoofed it around our regular 2 mile loop.  So nice to get it done a bit early.  What next?  Flame Broiler for a chicken rice bowl.  Awesome for 2 reasons: it was good tonight, and, since I only eat half, I have lunch for tomorrow.  No decisions tomorrow about what to pack for lunch.
And now we're back home, waiting for 9:00 and the Food Channel's throwdown between Bobby Flay and the Pioneer Woman.  It's going to be Thanksgiving themed, and I'm hoping to pick up some good ideas for Thanksgiving's menu.  (Another thing crossed off the list - yay!)  I love the Pioneer Woman and Bobby Flay, and have been looking forward to this show all week.  So while I'm waiting I'll get this quick post in, and L is in his office doing his freelance work to the musical stylings of Jethro Tull and Aqualung.  (Does that bring memories back for any of you?)  I really like Jethro Tull.  It's good to have the old man home with me, listening to the music of our wasted youth, and in 10 minutes we'll cozy up to the Food Channel together.  Life is good.
Thanks for your suggestions, and friendly comments.  I appreciated every one of them, and it was great to feel support from you, my friends, when I was feeling like a hot mess.  Brought me right to my knees with thanksgiving to have such amazingly kind ladies in my corner, and lifted my mood.  So... thanks.
Hey - Pioneer Woman is on.  I'll return and report.

Love,

Me

8 comments:

  1. That Food Channel show sounds well worth watching, even for me. I'm kinda fond of that Pioneer Woman.

    Kinda fond of you, too, so I'm glad things are looking a little more manageable today.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that your list is looking manageable. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippeee! Lists are the bomb dot com :) I'll have to tell you about my amazing day later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad my suggestion works for you. I am also a listmaker but even lists can feel overwhelming.

    And, dang, I did not know about the show with the Pioneer Woman and Bobby Flay - they are also two of my favorites. I'm going to see if they are showing that online somewhere (I love that about computers!).
    Glad you are feeling more in control - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed your post yesterday. But I'm glad you seem better.
    VT is on my list next week. Sigh.
    This is my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed your previous post or I'm sure I would have had sage advice. (yeah, right)
    And people think blogging is a waste of time! Look at all the things we learn from our bloggy friends!
    Glad you're doing better today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Food Channel. I have not yet seen the Pioneer Woman but now I am dying too!
    I'm glad you are feeling better too and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you'd figure it out! Cherie is one of those people that really seems to have a nice balance in her life going on---glad it helped. Keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed