Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Look

It seems everyone is doing it - changing the look of their blog.  I have no web designer.  I was hoping that L, being a graphic designer, could help, but he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.  I don't think that helping me do a redesign was high on his list of fun for the evening.
I don't know whether or not I'm done.  I'm not completely satisfied, but I'll just look at it for a few days.  I've really wanted to change the title... but I'm not sure.  The current title was chosen quickly, under duress.  I was rushed and confused.  I'd really like something a little bit more clever and witty - you know, more like ME.  *nodding head vigorously*  Something that shows my style and sense of humor, but with a wicked edge.  I'll need to think some more and become a lot more funny than I am right now.  I actually did think of a title and tag line the other night.  I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep for almost 2 hours because I was thinking about the title for this blog.  *I know, right?*  Just as I was drifting off to sleep I came up with the perfect combination and I remember laughing a little bit to myself.  When I remembered it the next day, I was embarrassed that I'd even thought it was funny at all.  Or even appropriate.  The mind plays funny tricks when it's desperate for sleep.
So for now, I guess it's just a background and color palette change.  And we'll see what I dream up over the next few days.

3 comments:

  1. I actually like the name of your blog, but then I'm a big Paul Simon fan.

    And I think the new look is great!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors- they're so you, bright and fun. I'm sure some night in the middle of the night even you'll have a more appropriate epiphany- I can't wait to hear the new name

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed