Daily Affirmation

The best things in life are free.
The second best are very expensive.
- Coco Chanel

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Special Events of 2011

Somehow this week has just about depleted my batteries.  I've been trying to up my exercise a little bit, and so on Monday night I tried a new yoga/Pilates DVD I'd gotten somewhere.  Well, in the first place I couldn't even begin to do a lot of it.  It was way past beginner stuff, but I tried to follow along as best I could (like an idiot).  The next day I wasn't too sore - just a teensy bit, and I was congratulating myself for not going crazy and getting sore muscles.  But today... ohhhhh today....  Can I just say: OH. CRAP.  My riblets feel like they've been kicked, my arms and shoulders are stiff, and my stomach muscles are very sore from the ab portion of the DVD.  Funny thing is, there's so much fat on my stomach (I refer to it as "fluff") that I only feel the achey muscles deep inside.  It's kind of a weird sensation.  *sigh*  I'm a mess.  Really.  I felt like whimpering all day.
I'm trying to figure out how to get myself halfway fit, but every time I try to do something I end up being sore, or hurting myself somehow, or my arthritis kicks in and I literally CAN'T do anything.  It's an ongoing battle that I refuse to give in to, but yet I never really win.  Maybe I win just because I won't give up.  Yeah, that must be it...
One good piece of news this week - this family here

photo taken by Heather of TenderShootz Photography

called to tell me to expect another new baby sometime around September 3rd!  That was cause for some celebration, let me tell you!  We're very excited, and we don't care at all whether it's a boy or a girl because, of course, there is already one of each.  I told them it could be a birthday present for me (my birthday is on the 7th).  Their Lexi was very intrigued at the news that there was at this very moment a baby growing in Mommy's tummy.  She wanted to know if it was coming out tonight.  Or maybe next week.  Matthew - he's oblivious.  Blissfully so, as he will soon not be the baby anymore.

So our family continues to grow.  Each new little one is a precious jewel, a shining star.  So far, 2011 has been smiling on us.  It will bring us a med school graduation in April for Zach and Katie, a graduation from the Masters program at Hunter College/New York for Tim in May, and a new baby in September (name to be announced then) for Rex and Ronna.  Big things all and lots of celebrations ahead.  I'd better start eating my Wheaties.

7 comments:

  1. Did he tell you they are leaving it a surprise? They don't want to find out the sex of the baby until delivery day since they already have one of each. I think it is going to kill me, LOL. I'll just have to make a baby gift AFTER the little sweetie pie is born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exciting news, Karen! And they make such cute babies, too...

    And the med school graduation! Wonderful. To say nothing of a Master's Degree.

    2011 is lookin' good!!!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking needs to be your new bff, or maybe swimming- ever so gentle, yet incredibly effective. Just had to throw in my 2 cents. Hooray for new babies and graduations. So much excitement to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about all the soreness--really hard to stay motivated when you hurt to bad to move! :0)

    Congrats on all the good news! I didn't know they still made Wheaties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats Grandma! Such a fun cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting news all the way around. We just added to our family last night too, our fourth great grandbaby who was born to out tiny little grand daughter in law. She was named Charlotte Jayne Cathey and was nine pounds fifteen ounces. I giant of a little girl. It was a caesarian or I don't think our little Sheena would have been able to deliver her. Isn't it great to have new babies in the family? We probably won't have another one for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! You have so many happy things to look forward to in 2011! And what is better than a new baby? That family is sooooo cute they should have lots of babies (wink)!

    ReplyDelete

Sit down, have some red punch and cookies, and tell me EVERYTHING...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed